Public Information Records Request
PROCEDURE FOR INSPECTING RECORDS AT CITY HALL
1. Complete the Public Information Request Form for the file(s) you wish to inspect.
2. You will be called when the information is ready for your review. If this involves research time to pull files from archives, or pull multiple files, there is a charge for the staff person’s time involved, including overhead (the first five minutes is free).
3. A space will be provided for ONE PERSON to review a file. One file at a time will be made available. When you are through with it, return it and receive the next requested file. Any pages to be copied should be marked with sticky notes which the City will provide.
4. When your research has been completed, and the pages have been marked which you wish to copy, return the last file. You will be called at the phone number indicated on your request form when your copies are ready to be picked up. An advance fee may be required, depending on the number of copies requested.
5. Fees: There is a copy fee, a research fee and/or a transmittal fee. Five free minutes of research time balance at staff hourly rate including overhead. Payment must be received prior to materials being released. Extensive research and/or copies require an advance cash deposit.
6. If more than one person wants to look at files at the same time THE COUNCIL ROOM MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE. There will be an hourly charge for a staff person’s time and overhead for someone to remain in the council room with the files.
THIS PROCEDURE IS BEING INITIATED TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE FILES SHOULD THE FILE, OR ANY MATERIAL IN THEM, BE SUBPOENAED FOR A COURT CASE.
7. City Hall staff responds to public information requests as soon as possible. However, it will be done in such a manner so as to provide the least disruption to the regularly scheduled work load of each department.
Public Information is defined in ORS 192.410 - 192.500 and in the Oregon Attorney General's Public Records and Meeting Manual. There are limited circumstances under which a public body may decline to release certain information.
Copyright jhswebsites all rights reserved